Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday 2012

What a great day we had celebrating Easter as a family on Sunday. It was a busy busy day but we had a great time!

We started our morning with Easter baskets - I made one for B and one for Bentley and my parents also sent one for Bentley.
I am not sure why or how it got started....but every year we have been married, I make Brandon a small Easter basket. I guess its just something I have fun doing, and he doesn't seem to mind the treats! ;)
Of course, the both enjoyed a little "candy" for breakfast. :)
I didn't let them fill up on just candy though. This year, I found a recipe for Resurrection Rolls so we made them for Easter morning breakfast. It was a fun thing to do - even though Bentley doesn't quite understand ths year, and they were super yummy too! :) 
Then we headed off to church, and followed that up with Easter lunch with Nana & Papa!
Our gorgeous Easter Lily in Memory of Grandma Posma.

Of course once the boys had full bellies, they both snoozed. So I baked a treat to take to the Easter egg hunt. Isn't it cute??
After naptime we headed over to Schamper's for an egg hunt, and surprise visit from the Easter Bunny himself!
Brooklynn && Bentley
All ready for the hunt with Daddy!
Not quite understanding what this is all about...
starting to get the hang of it...
...and then he realized the eggs were full of candy. && He was able to con Auntie Ging into opening one for him, and that was it - he quite hunting. :)
The Easter bunny came "hopping" out of the woods while the kids were picking up their eggs...what a fun surprise! They were all so excited!!! && he even brought fun toys and treats!
Bentley Brooklynn and Wesleigh with the bunny
After everyone got all calmed down, we took to trying to fly some kites with the kids. We learned that Daddy && Auntie Ging are really good at flying kites...
...and Uncle Jake...not so much! But it made for some good laughs and the kids had fun watching them sail in the air!
watching their kite

We had such a fun day celebrating with friends and family - and Bentley was completely worn out last night.

We are looking forward to being able to help him understand the REAL meaning of Easter someday too...
HE IS RISEN!!!! && we are so thankful and blessed to serve and celebrate Him...on Easter and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment