Yes, we have affectionately started calling our unborn son, Rowdy. Daddy wanted to actually name him that and Mommy said no, so it has become our new nickname for him. We will see if it sticks once he is born. :)
With only six weeks to go, I have been tackling my "to-do" list and my "things I need for Baby" list...and I'm very proud to say they are both down to a minimum now! :) The nesting is still running full force...this weeks project was cleaning all the doors and trim in the house. Excessive? Probably, but it made me feel good, nonetheless. I have also cleaned out toy boxes and book shelfs, and made room for some new (new books, and "new" old toys that I had boxed up and put downstairs over the winter that are now a huge hit again!).
I spent two days last week cleaning (like deep cleaning) and rearranging the nursery, to give it a new feel for Rowdy, even though, really nothing has changed. I took every piece of crib bedding and washed it and moved the mattress back to the "newborn" position in the crib...
&& while I was cleaning, I found Bentley's hospital bracelets. Holy emotions! I hardly remember him being so small, let alone these tiny things fitting around his wrist and ankle!

And this week, I finally hauled all the totes labeled newborn and 3 months, upstairs, and unpacked them into Rowdy's room. All five totes are newborn - 3 month clothes or newborn things, like the boppy pillows and bouncy seat.
I had literally forgotten how much clothes I had for Bentley...but it all came back to me, piece by piece, when I pulled it out and could picture vividly what he looked like wearing it as just a tiny little prince. I had to snap a pic of this particular outfit and send it to my Mom. She ran to Tip Toes and bought it when he was three weeks old, for Aunt Darlene's funeral. Needless to say, Bentley only wore it ONCE and I can't wait to dress little Rowdy in it this summer!!!!
And so far, this is what his closet looks like, again...already...and i honestly think there is only one thing in there that I have bought for him that Bentley hasn't worn.
newborn starts on the left, and 3 months ends on the right.
that is all i was able to fit, for now.
at least we know he won't go naked, right?! ;)
I also got out my pump and all the bottles and "slow" nipples. I washed them all and found new homes for them in the cupboard. I honestly forgot how much I miss washing bottles. I am an avid hand washer when it comes to dishes so washing bottles was something that didn't bother me a bit, and at most times I actually enjoyed.
Naptimes lately haven't been super long for Rowdy's big brother, but I have managed to get a little sewing time in. Rowdy will be so functional and stylish with his new bibs!!!
In the meantime, I just continue to grow. We had another good appointment this morning, and doctor says now we just wait. I am getting more uncomfortable by the day, but I know soon I will be missing these kicks and jabs, so for now I just keep trying to enjoy it. We have a busy last few weeks coming up trying to prepare for becoming a growing family (and celebrating tulip time of course!). We are very much looking forward to meeting this sweet little bundle though...here's to a speedy next six weeks!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment