Friday, April 18, 2014

23 months // hlp

Harrison,
I could use two words to write this entire post about life with/for you right now: independent and stubborn. You are all things "me do!" and "no!" right now, and its been quite a challenge for this momma of yours. I am not sure if its because at this age, your brother hadn't realized his own independence yet, or because I think you are so much a baby still, and just shouldn't be ready to be so independent. But either way, most days are interesting right now.
You will do things on your own time, your own way. No one can help, touch or tell you otherwise. Some of this I love. I love seeing you explore, and failing, only to figure out the right way. I love how you problem solve, and how you look at me when I've told you no and you did it anyway, only to realize you should have just listened. Other times, I just wanna shrink you into a tiny baby bod and brain again! You seem too young for all this yet, my love! But I have to remind myself, you will be two next month. And there just isn't anything baby about two, especially with a brother's lead to follow.
You are loving being able to be outdoors now that its getting warmer, and you never come inside without a fit. You follow your brothers lead everywhere he goes and everything he does. We also graduated you to a big boy swing this year, instead of the pink baby swing. :)
You are still a good eater, and love your "mek" {milk}, but are starting to request "atta doose" {apple juice} sometimes too. You love to eat "hah gogs" {hot dogs}, "macamoni", and "ishes" {goldfish}. You could live on "kooken nunnets" alone though.

You love bathtime and go to bed like a champ - we hardly ever hear a peep from you. You also love movies right now, some of your favorites being  Frozen, "daddy mions" {the wild}, and Thomas. You often ask to watch movies when you aren't asking to go outside.
Its hard to believe you have been with us for two years already, though most days I cannot remember what life was like without you in it.
You are one unique little love, sweet boy. You love wholeheartedly and often exhibit tenderness but are bossy, bold and loud. You love your brother, but also love to drive him crazy. You know what you want and no one will stop you from getting there. Even at two years old. You are persistent and proud, always happy, sometimes spicy and sometimes sweet. I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for your future!
We love you so much, Hooey!

No comments:

Post a Comment